Thursday, May 31, 2012

Yikes...it's been a while!

I have not spent a lot of time sewing lately - I think I still have some bits of 'spring fever' running through my veins and I have been spending a little more time outside instead of inside. My pup is happy for it too because that means she is getting more walks and just general outside time with me while I putter around in the garden and yard.

One thing I did get done was a set of 8 nine patches for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I really didn't have a lot of yellow scraps so even after raiding my strip bins I had to cut some strips from fat quarters to make up the amount of 2.5" yellow squares needed to complete these blocks. Oh well, it just means that I will have them at the ready for the next time I want to use them. I do like the look of these blocks - they remind me of all the bees that are in my yard buzzing from flower to flower.

5 comments:

laurajane said...

The blocks are lovely.
I know just what you mean about being outside,the last couple of weeks have been glorious in England after many weeks of rain.It would be a crime to waist them by staying indoors.(my puppy likes being outside too)
Love Laura.xx

Jan-Maree said...

Yellow is such a cheery Colour!

scraphappy said...

Such happy blocks. It does seem that using scraps ends up making more, but at least you get beautiful blocks in the process which will turn into beautiful quilts eventually.

scraphappy said...

Such happy blocks. It does seem that using scraps ends up making more, but at least you get beautiful blocks in the process which will turn into beautiful quilts eventually.

vtquilter said...

Some more great 9 patches. Very sunny and cheerful.