Monday, May 21, 2012

An Early Day

I had a great afternoon - I puttered around in my sewing room and I made this cute block for the Sow-Along hosted by Randy at Barrister's Block. This cute block is called Union Square and although there are a lot of 1.5" pieces it wasn't too difficult to put together. I also worked on my 9-patch pink Project Linus quilt. I have finally trimmed it and added the label and machine stitched the binding to the front. Tonight I think I will take it easy and hand stitch the binding to the back. I don't think I will get it all done but we will see how far I get with it. I really do need to get some quilts out of my sewing room!


This morning I woke up at 4 am and was out of bed by 4:30 - what up with that?? I got busy pretty quickly and started baking while it was still fairly cool in the house. Yesterday, I had prepared the dough to make buns today and I baked one batch of 8. I also made a dozen banana/oatmeal muffins while I was at it. Earlier this afternoon I noticed that there were only 3 buns and 4 muffins left - someone must have been hungry - so I started another batch of dough for more buns. I will bake them tomorrow morning before I go to work.

Dough fermenting


I also spent a lovely morning out in the garden and transplanted lettuce, bok choy and tomatoes and I also planted beans. I thought I would be doing that yesterday, but instead I weeded the front flower beds and started planting flowers. I didn't get that task quite finished yesterday so I finished planting the flowers today. Once I got all that done it was way to hot for me outside and I needed to get in the house to cool down. Yes...we already have our air conditioning running...I just cannot take the heat at all! There is still a lot of planting that needs to be done but I figure it will happen over the next week.

4 comments:

scraphappy said...

What an adorable block. I really like the light blue floral that you used. All your talk of baking is making me hungry! Sounds delicious.

Jan-Maree said...

I really do like that block and that pink quilt will be a gorgeous Project Linus quilt. But getting up at 4am? Not on your nelly!

vtquilter said...

Love that block and so pretty in blue. I could see that as a blue/cream quilt! How are the sisters quilts coming along? Think I'll go make some pizza dough to throw on the grill tonight... all that talk of rolls and muffins......

Judiquilts said...

Ellen, the Barrister's Sow-A-Long is very tempting, but it's so much easier for you to do them and me to admire them! I've nominated you for a Liebler Award on my blog! Regards, Judy