Sunday, April 22, 2012

She's a Quilt


Quilting this quilt was so much fun!
I didn't have to work on Friday so instead I got busy working in my sewing room and I quilted the 9-patch Project Linus quilt that I have been working on lately. I am so happy with the quilting even though I felt a bit rusty when I first started. I love this simple little loopy-loop pattern - I think with a bit of practice I can take this pattern a little further into a more complex design - we will see how brave I can be on the next small quilt I make. I already have the binding made so I just need to trim the quilt and add the binding.
I love the backing fabric I used.

Before I could get started quilting this sweet little quilt I needed to tidy my workspace. Whenever I have had time available I have been cutting pieces for my Little Houses quilt and most of the flat surfaces in my room were covered with "stuff". I think it all multiplies whenever I turn out the lights!! I plan on making 10 more houses this month and I have been sewing them on my vintage Singer 301. The problem is my machine has started making a funny noise. I oiled it and did what I could but it still sounds like there is something wrong. I asked my husband if he would have a look at it and his response was "not until he finishes the taxes". Our tax deadline is fast approaching and now I have been recruited to help out today. I hope I get my part done quickly because I had other plans for today - plans that are a lot more fun than working on taxes!!

6 comments:

Susan said...

On no, I hope there is nothing seriously wrong with your 301.

Quilter Kathy said...

That's for sure...I HATE paperwork!

scraphappy said...

Hope the taxes are done soon, they are no fun unless you are getting a refund. The loop-de-loops on your pink quilt are great. From there it is an easy hop to double loops and if the outer loop gets pointy, it makes a great leaf.

vtquilter said...

Love your loopy loops on this quilt. Glad you got some quilting time in. Hope the taxes go quickly and you can get back to sewing!

Jan-Maree said...

your pink quilt looks gorgeous! Sorry to hear that your machine is playing up - hope hubby can look at it soon.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I just love this little pink quilt. It looks so fresh and pretty. I love the fabric your chose for the backing. One lucky little girl! Love sis