Thursday, April 5, 2012

More Jacob's Ladder Blocks

4 patches and hsts all ready to go
Throughout the past couple weeks I have been trying to spend time each evening working on this quilt. I had originally planned on having this quilt all finished in March but that became impossible so I have changed my goal to completing it this month. Just working on it a little at a time has allowed these 4 patches and hsts to transform into completed Jacob's Ladder blocks.


Pile of partially sewn blocks
This is one of the blocks from the pile.
It is really quite surprising how much I got done just spending bits of time sewing each evening. I am at the point where I am getting really anxious to get it all finished so that I can give it to my nephew for him to enjoy!

Last 26 blocks done!

7 comments:

Brenda said...

All it takes is one stitch at a time and it's amazing what can happen!!!

These blocks look wonderful!!! Love it!! And he will too!!

Jan-Maree said...

Can't wait to see it completed - how special for your nephew - are you open to adoption by any chance?

Kelli said...

That's going to be amazing! I love how the arrows really stand out with the dark fabric!
xo

Kathy's A Quilter said...

wow. just keeping at it one stitch at a time. What a tremendous gift, on so many levels.

Cathy Tomm said...

Wow great boys blue quilt. There is always something great about a blue quilt.

vtquilter said...

I still LOVE this quilt. It is amazing how much you can get done just stitching 10-15 minutes a day. I did a 90x90 quilt in 5 months that way.

Cheryl said...

Jacob is going to just love this quilt Ellen. I can see him just wrapping himself up it and feeling loved! Love sis