Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Midget Blocks - #55



I had fully intended on working on this block last night, but when I walked upstairs to go into my sewing room I just walked right past and went to my bedroom instead. So, shortly after I got home from work today I headed into my sewing room and got right to it. It only took me a few minutes to decide which fabric I wanted to use and the paper-pieced pattern came together perfectly. It was a joy to make this little airplane!

This pattern was very simple and consisted of only 13 pieces. As I look at it from the pictures I see that I like the direction that my airplane is flying better than the one on the pattern sheet!!

7 comments:

scraphappy said...

I love your little airplane block. I just finished the same one yesterday, though it is scheduled to post in a few weeks It is so fun to see someone else working on exactly the same blocks! Hopefully you can go back later to get the first group.

Kelli said...

Definitely flying in the right direction! ;) This is my favorite midget block, yet. Could have something to do with being married to a pilot.. but it is just sooo cute! :o)

Edith said...

Ellen, This little block really appeals to me, nice colour too.

Jan-Maree said...

Oh it is too cute! I should make a couple of these for an Aussie Hero quilt for an airforce guy!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I just love this little blue airplane! I think your right about the airplane! I would rather be going up than down! hahaha

vtquilter said...

I agree with the direction of the flying. A very cute block and love the blue fabric you chose.

RETRO-Fabulous Blog said...

Such a cute block...I've been meaning to get to those midgets but have to finish dear jane first or i'll never get either put together LOL!