Thursday, April 19, 2012

Merrily I Baste Along

Close call!!
Last night I hardly slept at all and I had to go to work today...blah. I ended up with such a headache by the time I got home that I took some Tylenol and had a little rest on the couch. Once the medicine kicked in I was able to baste the pink 9-patch Project Linus quilt that I had been working on for last month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge. It seems it was my lucky day because look how close I came to the end of the batting. I am not quite sure how I measured it but thankfully there was just enough and I didn't have to add any extra. The backing had been made and I was ready to baste this quilt for a while now but my son has been using the dining room table as a work space while studying for his final exams. I dared not move any of his stuff from the table over the last couple weeks but since he wrote his last exam yesterday I am taking over again. Until the basement is renovated I need to use the dining room table for basting and for ironing large pieces of fabric.

I was planning on heading into my sewing room tonight to cut some more fabrics for my Little Houses quilt but now I think I just might go to my room early and read in bed for a while. It definitely is a tempting option!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Must have been something in the air last night, b/c I couldn't sleep either. :/ I'm thinking it may be an early night here, too. Can't wait to see your PL quilt done! :o)

Quilter Kathy said...

As you know I have the same problem! I force myself to lay in the bed and at least rest my body because I am so tired. But it's very annoying! Maybe I should just get up and accomplish something!

vtquilter said...

Hope you were able to get some sleep. Very close call on the quilt... glad you had enough and didn't need to add on.