Sunday, April 15, 2012

Jacob's Ladder of Love is a Flimsy

It sure does feel good to be able to say that this flimsy is on-track to becoming a quilt this month. The quilt top measures 72" x 81" and I think that is big enough that I don't need to add any borders. I like the look of it as it is and I think Jake will too! My next step is to make the backing and I have the fabric already chosen so maybe I will get to it today. I still need to make the binding and give the top a good pressing and then I will load it onto the quilt frame and work on quilting it over the next week or so. It will help to have it all loaded and ready to go so that whenever I have a few minutes I can quilt a row, roll it and get it ready for the next pass.

I spent some time this morning catching up on reading blogs and leaving some comments. I have totally neglected doing that for most of the week and my reading list was full! I do still need to respond to some blog comments but I am not too far behind on those. I am ready to move onto working on my Engineer's Wife blocks. I have fallen woefully behind on that project and it makes me a little sad because I really enjoy making them. I know I won't get them all done today, but I figure that from now on if I stay on top of each week's blocks plus make a few of the older releases that eventually I will be back on track. I still have chores and laundry to do today too - oh how I wish I could set my house to auto-clean!!

7 comments:

Jan-Maree said...

it looks fabulous Ellen - Jacob can't help but love it! Gorgeous!!!

Cathy Tomm said...

This quilt is amazing. I just love blue and white.

Susan said...

Your blog is one of my favorites and I have selected you for a Leibster Award!

scraphappy said...

I have yet to see a blue and white quilt that I didn't like, and yours is no exception. It looks great! Congratulations on getting it all put together. That always seems to be the hardest part. Happy housecleaning, hope it goes quickly so you can get back to your quilt.

Kelli said...

Auto-clean.. there's an idea. That would be SO amazing! I am in love with your Jacob's Ladder of Love! So gorgeous. Can't wait to see it all quilted up!
xo

StripperDeb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
StripperDeb said...

Hi again, Ellen -
Your latest quilt is just gorgeous! Because of all your incredible ingenuity and perserverance, I have awarded you and your blog the Liebster Award - Congratulations Ellen! You deserve it for ALL your hard work and your willingness to share it with everyone through your blog...

My Best to You and Yours,
~Deb
PS...read all about the coveted Liebster Award on my blog - http://donebybettyboop.blogspot.com/