Monday, April 2, 2012

It's a Flimsy!

It's a Flimsy
After making my little houses yesterday, I continued working on the pink Project Linus quilt and I got the whole top finished. I honestly don't know why but I seemed to have gone overboard making the border strips. I got carried away when piecing all of the 2.5" squares together and I think I pieced almost twice as many as I needed. Instead of taking them apart and putting the squares back in the bin I just put them in as they are. Maybe they will become part of another quilt at some point in the future. The next time I show this quilt top it will hopefully be a quilt! I would have liked to have made the backing and binding today but after working for 5 hours and then running a couple errands I drove my son to Toronto (and while I was there I had a quick visit with my sister, Cheryl). Eric had waited until the last minute to get to class and used Mom's taxi service because he was busy working on a paper that needed to be handed in today. He was running behind because he also had a job interview today for a summer position. Things went well and he does get a second interview on Wednesday and I hope he gets hired!

I just got home about an hour ago and I had thoughts about possibly working on a Midget Block today but I am pooped. But...maybe...if I go in my sewing room...and just start poking around.....

9 comments:

soscrappy said...

Fabulous! I am amazed that you found any time to sew with all that running around. The flimsy looks great though! How are you going to quilt it?

Jan-Maree said...

I think you have done well to get as much done as you did and your son is lucky to have you. Love the pink quilt - so pretty!

Kelli said...

Your project linus quilt top is yummy! :o)

Josie said...

You must have some stamina finding time to sew after such a busy day. I'd have been comatose in my recliner after all that running about.
Love the quilt.. someone is going to be thrilled to bits with it.
Now.. call me thick but what is a flimsy?

Michelle said...

Well done Ellen.
Love it!!
But pink is my colour...

Jeanne said...

It's wonderful! I love the use of many, many different fabrics.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

There is a very lucky little girl out there somewhere who is going to just fall in love with her little pink quilt! Love sis

vtquilter said...

Ohh. I just love how this one came out. Very pretty and I just love the variety of pinks in this little quilt.

Suzette said...

Really nicely put together...sounds like you had a full day.