Friday, April 6, 2012

Dear Jane - Uncle Homer (A-6)



This certainly was a very simple block to construct - what could be easier than squares and rectangles. I just cut my pieces of fabric to size and drew my seam allowance on the back of the pieces and sewed them together. No muss - no fuss!



I am really happy with the fabric I chose to use for this block. I only have a fat quarter piece but I expect I will be using every little scrap of it in some project or another!

It has turned out to be a really nice day so I went out to do some yard work when I finished sewing this block. My husband had trimmed all of the fruit trees and it is my job to pick up all of the sticks and put them in neat piles so he can bundle them up for yard waste day. I got most of it done but I must have twisted the wrong way when I bent over to pick up some sticks and now my back has a crick in it! My dog Molly was very happy to spend time outside with me while I worked. I found a frisbee in the bushes and every so often I would throw it to her and boy did she love it.

I still have some sewing on my list for today so after I get supper going I am heading back to my sewing room for some more fun for me!

5 comments:

Brenda said...

That is a nice block!! I like it with the white - but sitting on the bolt, would I have looked at it twice??? Sometimes I have to 'see' what other people see in fabric before I actually get why I should consider it for myself!!!
And take care of that crick!! You do not want to have it stay to long!! Have a great weekend and enjoy the outdoors as much as you can!! Glad you found the frisbee!! Go out and play some more!!!

scraphappy said...

Sorry to hear about your back, but maybe you will get a pass on lawn work for the rest of the weekend and get a chance to sit in a comfy chair and sew a few more DJ blocks.

Jan-Maree said...

sorry to hear you have a sore back - hopefully a good sleep will solve the problem!

vtquilter said...

Sorry about the sore back. Hopefully some sewing will help it feel better. Very cute block. I agree with another poster... Very cute fabric but I never would have looked twice at it. I guess I really need to expand my thinking when shopping.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Just love the fabric in this little block! Very pretty. Love sis