Friday, April 13, 2012

Dear Jane - Dad's Plaids (A-7)



Yippee skippee happy day! After telling my tale of woe about my last attempt at applique I was directed by some of my readers to some great blogs to read about different applique methods. I visited Erin at her blog One Piece at a Time and watched a video showing how she did her applique and I thought why not??!! So, I basically followed her instructions, which were great, and I ended up with a block that I think turned out pretty darn good.

It certainly turned out much better than my previous attempts at applique. Even though the applique pieces for this block are less detailed than on my last Midget block, I am very confident that this technique will fit the bill for more complicated pieces. Success feels wonderful!!! A big thank you to my readers - I am grateful to you for your help.
Making my template

Ready to applique

3 comments:

scraphappy said...

It looks lovely. Glad you found a great technique that will work for you. It looks like there are some great tips on the site you used, I'll have to watch the videos and learn some new tricks to try.

Cathy said...

I'm glad you found it helpful. I LOVE Erin's techniques, and use them all the time now.

vtquilter said...

I have always loved this block and your's looks great. Glad you found a technique that works for you. I'll have to go check it out and learn some new tricks. I have a few more applique ones coming up.