Sunday, April 1, 2012

Building My Little Houses - March

March blocks
Just look at my latest little houses...I am so happy with them. I am also so happy that I am back in my sewing room. I had fully intended on making these blocks in March but that didn't happen so when I woke at 5:30 this morning I decided to get on out of bed and into my sewing room. I already had lots of different pieces cut and waiting for me so all I had to do was actually choose the pieces I wanted to use and sew them all together. I have put it all away for now but I will definitely have to spend some time this month preparing more block components so that I have enough variety available for April's blocks.

Group Shot
Mother Nature pulled a prank this April Fool's morning - when I got up it was snowing and the ground was all white. It has since melted and now it is a dull gray, rainy day - perfect for spending in my sewing room. I do have to get some chores done today as well but I certainly know where my priorities are!!

12 comments:

Cathy said...

Those houses are all so cute!! They look like a happy little neighbourhood.

Josie Passell said...

Dear Ellen, please could you tell me how you are assembling your wonderful houses? They look so neat and crisp.

Kathy said...

Ellen, Your cottages are as cute as can be. You already have so many done!

scraphappy said...

What a happy little village. So cute! Can't wait to see the new neighborhood that shows up next month.

Jan-Maree said...

Yay for priorities - love those houses!

vtquilter said...

Beautiful! I love you little village you have so far. It will be a lovely quilt.

Cathy Tomm said...

I could laugh at the snow. Many got the white stuff. We just had rain and wet and wind. Now we have sunshine. Great houses. It it so great to see so many together.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I just love your little houses. Every time i see them it makes me want one too! Love sis

Quilter Kathy said...

What a fabulous neighbourhood...I'd like to move right in! So cool the way you have really varied the lights and darks in each block.

Michelle said...

Your houses are becoming many....
They look great.

Susan said...

The houses are very sweet. You are very dedicated and creative. Can't wait to see how you put these together.

Josie said...

Fantastic progress on your house building. I've been trying to pick out my favourite one but I can't coz I luv em all!