Saturday, April 21, 2012

Another Batch of Log Cabin Blocks

Wow - 65 blocks!
It was another fantastic, productive day in my sewing room. I actually spent so much time in there today that for tonight's supper I have a meal made from convenience food baking in the oven as I write this. I don't think anyone will mind too much....even if it is already quite late....at least they are getting something to eat and they don't have to make it.

I started out the morning tidying my sewing room and putting lots of stuff away and then I started cutting scraps and larger pieces of neutral fabric into 1.5" strips for my log cabin blocks. I then cut the strips down to the correct lengths that I need for my blocks. I already had quite a bit pre-cut from last week but I had just washed some neutral fabrics and I thought I would add them to the mix. I do need to cut some more 1.5" strips of green fabric for next week though. After making this latest batch of blocks today I am running short of quite a few of the sizes. Having the pieces cut ahead of time sure does make for easy piecing of these blocks - totally relaxed, mindless sewing. I got 30 blocks sewn today - look how full my design wall is!

I am linking up to Scrappy Saturday at soscrappy's blog for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Hop on over to check out what everyone else had going on in their sewing rooms.

4 comments:

soscrappy said...

Your log cabin blocks look great! So smart to cut the logs to the right lengths. It makes such nicely sized blocks.

Jan-Maree said...

it looks so yummy Ellen. i love log cabins and I love these colours! How big are you aiming to make it?

Quilter Kathy said...

Wow...what a great quilt you are sewing! This block has so many fun layouts...you're going to show us all the options, right?!?!

vtquilter said...

Wow! I think the little elves have been busy helping you out in making these. They seem to have multiplied quickly. Great job.