Saturday, March 3, 2012

Rainbow Scrap Challenge-Pink Wk 1

This week I made 8 pink blocks to add to my little collection. I love these blocks in pink. Maybe a whole quilt needs to be made with these little pink blocks...just thinking out loud! But seriously, wouldn't they make a sweet little girl quilt? I had hoped to make all 8 blocks without repeating any of the pinks but I didn't have quite enough variety in my scrap bins. I looked at my pinks that I had in yardage and decided that I just didn't want to fuss with them and cut them up.

I seem to have changed my game plan for the scrap challenge. Originally, I thought I would make these blocks so that I would have a rainbow quilt at the end of the year, which would be fantastic, and I would also make placemats. Well, the placemats have fallen to the wayside so I think I will make some log cabin blocks and also some hourglass units instead. I reserve the right to change my mind....again....and again! Hop on over to SoScrappy's blog to see what other participants have made this week.

9 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

These are great blocks and would make a wonderful quilt on their own. And you can change your mind any time you want :) No explanation required...we know how it is!

soscrappy said...

What good is it to have a mind and not be able to change it? Great looking blocks. Any little girl would be lucky to have it.

Cathy Tomm said...

Great pink blocks you have there. Yes a little girls quilt or add then to a rainbow quilt. I am so in love with any and all things rainbow now that I vote make a rainbow and if you have enough pink make a second quilt. I love pink and green together, so if you need a second colour to add to the pink. Just an idea.

Anne said...

I think part of the fun is seeing what these blocks turn themselves into. I start off with an idea and the reality is usually something quite different - often much better than my original plan. The pink blocks are lovely btw. :0)

Deborah said...

Such scrappy goodness. Whatever you make will be delightful!

Brenda said...

Well you have every right to let your creative spirit take you on any journey it wants - and I love the pink squares block! Yes it would make a great quilt, especially around Valentines day to drape over the ones you love!!!

And thanks to you, I have printed off some of those Midget blks!!!! Uh oh!!! I think they would be great for a childs quilt (all done like an adults - on or two blks but so small for the bed!! And/or a dolls quilt to be layed under when it's time for bed!!)
Thanks for showing me another thing to try my hand at!!!
I even went an looked a the houses info, then I made myself stop!!!
Way to much fun checking out things on here!!!
Thank-you!!!

Jeanne said...

I can imagine a very cute quilt made with these blocks.

Jan-Maree said...

A gorgeous plan for a little girl's quilt. So what if you have changed your plan - that is half the fun!

Cheryl said...

Yes Ellen just keep changing your mind! Artist just go with the flow!

Love sis