Sunday, March 18, 2012

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Pink 9 Patches

They look so much prettier in real life!!
When I made my pink 9-patch blocks earlier this month for my rainbow quilt, I thought they would make an adorable Project Linus donation quilt and I just couldn't stop thinking about it. Earlier in the week I pulled many pink strips from my 2.5" strip bin and cut them into squares and just started sewing them together on Friday.

I finished making these blocks at just around midnight last night so I am a little late posting for the scrap challenge. As it stands, once sashing is added, it will finish at 36" x 50". I was undecided whether to make any more blocks but as I write this I think I will make it one row wider and then it will be big enough for a child. I think it is going to be so pretty - I had nothing as a child and I know I would have been ecstatic to receive something like this. I have made one other Project Linus quilt so far and it felt so good to drop it off for donation. I plan on making many more!

10 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Great photo of all the little pink blocks ready to sew...makes me want to run over to my machine and start sewing!

Sheila said...

I love your pink blocks! This will be a wonderful little quilt. Since I love pink, March has been a great Rainbow Challenge month.

LuAnn said...

I really love these blocks. I think that nine patches are always great in a quilt, but there is just something neat about these with the white center and white sashing.

Elly D said...

These little 9 patches are going to make such a pretty darling little quilt. Adorable!

soscrappy said...

So sweet! What a great quilt those blocks will make!

Michelle said...

Beautiful Ellen!!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

There is going to be one happy little girl! When she receives this quilt, i can see her hugging and wrapping herself up with joy! Love sis

Edith said...

Ellen, I think they look beautiful in this photo, real life must be amazing.

make.share.give said...

These look so cute! Can't wait to see it together.

Gmama Jane said...

I love these little blocks. You have inspired me to cut up some of my strips that are just sitting in my scrap boxes. You are one busy gal and I'm very glad you're feeling better. My daughter had a bug like that 2 weeks ago and I caught just a weak version...thank goodness. My Daughter lives in her own home but when she cam for a short visit she brought something else with her unfortunately.
I love all your blocks!!
Blessings
Gmama Jane

BTW, come visit for prayer request Sunday if you have time!