Monday, March 5, 2012

Oops...I Did it Again!

Weeks 1 & 2

Contrary Wife, Basket Weave, Big Dipper
Calico Puzzle, Box, Autumn Tint
I have started working on another quilt! I don't quite know what has come over me but what can I say...it was really irresistible to me. I have joined in with the sew-along hosted by Randy from Barrister's Block. She is posting blocks twice per month and I am a little late joining in but no fear - I am already caught up. Boy oh boy, I am liking what I see so far! At first I thought I would use cheddar as my neutral but I have changed my mind and decided to make my blocks using different shades of browns and blues. I have not decided yet what I will use for sashing but maybe the cheddar or tan or dark blue will show up there. I guess I really have to wait to see how all the blocks look together before I actually commit. I happen to be married to an engineer so I am going to call mine The Engineer's Wife. Looking at my pictures I see that the colouring for Calico Puzzle is really off - it is really a tan and not as dark as it appears in the photo. I am really looking forward to the next installment that will be released this Wednesday. Hop on over to Randy's blog if you can't resist either!

7 comments:

Josie said...

When the urge is upon you resistance is futile! Love your new quilt choice and your blocks. Blue and tan/browns are one of my favourite colour combo's. I'm tempted.... so tempted!

Jan-Maree said...

Dear girl, you have a way to go before you catch up to my list of UFO's but at least you are heading in the right direction! Love the colours in this one!

Quilter Kathy said...

I love the brown and blue..and the sprinkle of cheddar is perfect!

Deborah said...

Hi Ellen. I've chosen you to receive the Liebster Award. There are more details on my blog!

vtquilter said...

Oh, love the blue and brown together. I may have to go check it out.......

Cheryl said...

Wow Ellen! You are a busy little beaver! Really like the tan and blue blocks! The different patterns are going to look just so wonderful together. Love sis

Kathy said...

Had to come on by and see what you are up to with your blocks too. What a nice color combination. A touch of cheddar will be the perfect accent to the blues and browns. Sew on...