Sunday, March 11, 2012

My Quilt "Gratitude" is a Winner!


Gratitude
Courage
My favourite quilt shop - Sew Sisters in Toronto - held a contest recently and "Gratitude" won a prize! Sew Sisters has a monthly program called Bargain Lover's Club. Each month I receive a bundle of fabulous coordinated fat quarters for a very reasonable price. I do look forward to receiving my little bundle every month because it is always a surprise package and who doesn't enjoy receiving a wonderful squishy in the mail! Sew Sisters decided to hold a contest for club members to showcase what they have made with any of the fabrics they have received through the program. I decided to send a picture of Gratitude and it's little sister quilt Courage. I hoped they would enjoy seeing what I had made with some of the fabrics I had received and...who am I kidding...I wanted to win a prize too! There were so many wonderful items entered, not just quilts, and the grand prize winner was absolutely fantastic. Congratulations to all of the winners!


12 comments:

blauraute said...

Dear Ellen,
congratulation to you. You quilt is so beautiful.
Have a nice sunday and take care
Roswitha

Christine L said...

WOW congratulations!! I love this QUILT!! It turned out wonderful and definitely deserved to be recognized for how pretty it is!

Sarah said...

Well done - absolutely deserved!

Kathy said...

Congratulations on your recognition by the quilt shop. I always liked this piece by you when you were sewing it. The design reminds me of a garden trellis.

vtquilter said...

Congrats! That looks like a neat club and a bit of Christmas every month as you open the squishy!

I Quilt for Fun said...

Wonderful! Congratulations! Jan

Jan-Maree said...

That is wonderful news! How nice to be recognized your work! Enjoy your prize!

Quilter Kathy said...

Congratulations! Very exciting news! Both of these quilts were beautiful!

Michelle said...

Wow!!
I love your quilt too.....

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

So happy you won a prize! Gratitude is such a beautiful and fresh quilt! Love sis

Connie said...

Congratulations! I can see why you won, love your quilts! I still need to get mine quilted.
Quilting by the River

Edith said...

Congratulations Ellen, Gratitude and her little sister are beautiful. How exciting to be rewarded for your work.