Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Midget Blocks - #54

Maple Leaf

Cutting Maple Leaf

This little block was fun to make - I used a combination of traditional piecing on my Singer 301 machine and the stems were paper-pieced on my Janome 6600. I really did not have too much difficulty putting this block together other than my stems are not aligned perfectly at the center of the block but I am okay with it. I really didn't notice that they were "off" until I had it all together and I was pressing the block. This block is also called Maple Leaf and is made up of 65 tiny pieces!
First 4 blocks I have made.


4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow 65 tiny little pieces! It looks so cute. This quilt is definitely a work of art. Beautiful! Love sis

Jan-Maree said...

Cute little block - horrendous number of pieces! I think I could manage a 12 inch version!

scraphappy said...

I love your fabric choice on this one. It looks terrific with the others.

vtquilter said...

I love this block! Reminds me of home with the green maple leaf. The four look great together.