Saturday, March 10, 2012

Midget Blocks - #53

This adorable little block went together with very little trouble at all until it was time to sew the sub-units together. It did take me quite awhile to figure out the placement of each little unit. Thankfully, there wasn't someone standing by with a timer!! At one point, I thought there was something wrong with the paper-piecing pattern or that I had placed one of the pieces of fabric in the wrong place. I also blamed my difficulty on the fact that I had not slept one wink the night before....oh...I do like to make excuses! Angela from soscrappy posted the same block earlier this week and she had the same trouble I did so I feel I was definitely in good company. As she stated there was no assembly information included in the instructions - I think it was definitely a brain-builder. This block is also known as Winged Square and I used a pink fabric with little blue flowers. I am happy with the way it turned out.
Blocks 51, 53 and 52
I have decided to use this block for my Rainbow Scrap Challenge this week because I was away visiting my big sister Glenda instead of working on the pink log cabin blocks I had planned. It was really good to spend time with Glenda. I stayed over at her place on Thursday night and I didn't get home until about 9 last night. We spent quite a bit of our time chatting and we also visited some local second hand shops. Definitely time well spent!!

8 comments:

vtquilter said...

Cute block! Glad you had a good visit with your sister. I'll bet you got a bunch of hand sewing in while you were with her.

Cathy Tomm said...

Great block. Glad to know it is a brain buster, encase I go to do it and have trouble.

Josie said...

Wow! I'm impressed!! Been scratching my head over a couple of DJ blocks today so I know just how you feel.
Lucky you having a sister to visit... wish I had one ;o( Just kidding!! Hope you found something nice at the second hand shops.

Cathy said...

WOW!! That's a lot of little tiny triangles!!! Very impressive.

Kelli said...

I LOVE them Ellen!! :o) Those tiny triangles look complicated, but I will take your word for it. Maybe b/c they're just so tiny! All of your blocks are adorable! xo

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I just love your little midget blocks! They are just so cute but certainly a challenge! Love sis

scraphappy said...

So glad you were able to puzzle together your midget block. It doesn't seem like that little one should have been quite so hard, but I sat working it out for ages as well. you already have a nice little collection going.

Elly D said...

WOW! This looks tricky! Good idea to link your Midget project with the RSC. I'm doing that with my Dear Jane blocks this month too... picking out the ones I want to do in Pink.
Glad you enjoyed your visit with your sister and visiting second hand shops is so much fun with company. :)