Friday, March 2, 2012

Midget Blocks - #52


Isn't this the cutest little block! I really do think I am having a "thing" about little blocks these days. What is not to love - they are little, they use up such small amounts of fabric, scraps really, and they are darn fun to make. Midget block #52 is also called Whirling Pinwheel and somehow I managed to get it to finish to the correct size. I had a little bit of trouble getting it to align properly so I ended up removing all of the paper and then sewing all of the segments together. My points are not all perfect but I am okay with that! After a bit of pressing and coaxing I am happy with the result. I used a 2" wide strip of purple fabric with mini flowers on it from my strip bins and even with the paper-piecing I still had leftovers. I have decided to make all of my midget blocks with a neutral, off-white solid background fabric. It is the same fabric that I am using for my Dear Jane blocks.

Happy Birthday to my big sister, Glenda!

5 comments:

Jan-Maree said...

Super cute block but way too fiddly for me. I will sew vicariusly thru you :-)

Kelli said...

That is adorable! :o) Looking forward to seeing lots more midgets and Dear Janes! Love it.

vtquilter said...

Those midgets are addicting. You block came out great. Love the purple.

Cathy Tomm said...

I was looking back at your older posts from this past week. Wow you have gotten so much done. These great tiny blocks, your Jocob's Ladder and two that you quilted, plus the brown quilt.

Cheryl said...

Love your Midget Block! Beautiful choice of purple fabric! Love sis