Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Little of This and That


Yippee....even though I have been 'under the weather' for the past few days I think I may still be on track to completing my Jacob's Ladder quilt this month. I was able to work on it yesterday and I nearly got 15 blocks completed. I sewed and cut my sub-units and then almost got them all sewn together into blocks. I really wanted to finish them but it was just too late and I was too tired so I finished sewing the final seam for each block and pressed them this morning. I had previously chosen all of my fabrics and cut all of the strips I would need for all the blocks (and some extras too) and that really helped to get things done. Only 26 more blocks required and then I can start sewing the top together!

I have a few things that I want to work on today - I have not made my Dear Jane block for this week yet so that is top of the list and I still need 8 more crumb blocks for another Project Linus quilt. Those 8 crumb blocks show up on my to-do list every day but they never seem to get done. I hope to change that today. I did get all of the pink 9-patch blocks made - there are now 48 - and I just need to decide how I want to set them with the sashing. I am not sure if I should add sashing around each block or group them into 4's and then sash them. I do really like the idea of grouping them into 4's so that just may be the way I go.

4 comments:

Peg said...

Looking good!! Get well soon!

vtquilter said...

I just love those blues in the quilt!

scraphappy said...

Your Jacob's Ladder blocks are looking great! There are a lot of projects on your to do list. Good luck making headway on it all.

Jan-Maree said...

Jacob is going to love his quilt!