Thursday, March 1, 2012

Jacob's Ladder Blocks

Jacob's Ladder blocks from November


Booorrring scrap cutting!
Prepped and ready!
Today was a day that I spent time working on my Jacob's Ladder blocks. I had joined in the Jacob's Ladder quilt-along hosted by Impera Magna but I set my blocks aside in November so I could work on other commitments. When I left it I had 14 blocks made but I figure I need at least 72 to make a decent sized bed quilt. Today I prepped 17 blocks and they shouldn't take me too long to sew together. I think I would have sewn some of the blocks together today but I got sidetracked and started cutting up scraps instead. It seemed to take quite a long time to cut what I did but I got most of my scraps tamed. It really is a labour intensive process but certainly worth it. I have one smaller container of scraps that still need attention and I also have another pile of smaller fabric pieces that are remnants from a future quilt that is all cut out and ready to go. I don't want to cut down these leftover pieces until I have finished the quilt top - just in case I still need some of it. I have been known to miscount and miscalculate!

5 comments:

Jan-Maree said...

Loving the jacob's ladder - say, do you want to come and tame my scraps?

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Speaking of scraps - you left a pile here from Amanada's Quilt! Although i did trim the smaller pieces off for you! Love Jacob's Ladder! Love sis

Connie said...

Glad to see you working on it again, it is so beautiful!

vtquilter said...

I love those blocks! Great job getting them back out and making progress.

Christine L said...

I still love with this pattern! You are doing a wonderful job on it! Look forward to seeing all the new blocks added in.