Monday, March 12, 2012

The Engineer's Wife

Basket, Broken Dishes, Churn Dash

I am so excited about this quilt, and the blocks that I have made so far, that I could hardly wait for Randy of the Barrister's Block to post the latest instructions. I kept checking her site on Wednesday in anticipation and finally I was rewarded! I had no trouble making these blocks, as a matter of fact, I think it probably took me longer just to choose my fabrics. Bonnie Hunter has posted an alternate paper-pieced basket that has a handle that she used instead of this one. I did print it out but I kinda like the one I made so I am keeping it! I hope to make this quilt using only fabric from my stash and so far so good but who knows if I will stick to it. I do have a fairly good selection of blue and brown fabrics so it shouldn't be too much of a problem although I am sure that if I went shopping I would definitely be tempted! Another thing that I am really happy about is that I am sewing this quilt on my vintage Singer 301. I am happy that I bought this machine and it didn't cost too much at all.

6 comments:

Kelli said...

Love them! And I love your basket block too. :o) I like that it's primitive looking with no handle. xo

Cathy said...

It is looking wonderful, so far. Those look like fun blocks

vtquilter said...

Those are looking great. I keep finding myself thinking of this quilt and what color or colors to do... purple and green, blue and brown, pink and brown, all shades of blues with white or cream....... I'm giving myself another week to figure out colors and then I'll start sewing!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I just think this quilt is going to be gorgeous! I love all the different pattern and the colours you are using are lovely! Love sis

Jan-Maree said...

I am really liking blues and browns at the moment - love it!

blauraute said...

Hi Ellen,
wonderful. I love them all.
Have a nice day and take care
Roswitha