Monday, March 19, 2012

Eeww - I Got a Bug!


Yesterday started out great - I had all of my quilting plans made and first on the list was to make 7 more of the pink 9 patches for the Project Linus quilt. Once I had them on the wall I decided that I would add another 6 more blocks and just as I was going to start sewing them together I got hit and hit bad with I don't know what. I had been feeling quite tired the past couple days and that should have tipped me off that something was heading my way! I got in my bed for a little lie down and things just got progressively worse. You don't need to hear the details but needless to say I am feeling a little better today. So yesterday, I spent the whole day and evening in bed or on the couch watching The Walking Dead marathon - love that show. I had been to the hospital on Friday for my mammogram and I wash my hands really well but it seems I picked something up anyway. I have so many things that I need to get done so I am glad I was able to get up and get going today even though I was still feeling "off" - I can assure you that I have taken many little rests!


One of the things I wanted to get done today were these pinwheel blocks for a secret project. I have made 6 larger pinwheels that will finish at 8" and I also made 3 blocks that use smaller pinwheels (I can't remember the name of the block). I didn't get the last batch of pink 9 patches done but hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

5 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Glad you are on the mend :)
My daughter loves that that TV show also... I am way too scaredy cat to watch that kind of show!!

Jan-Maree said...

So sorry to hear that you are not well - hope you are back to normal really soon. love your blocks by the way. It is going to be a great secret project!

Michelle said...

Oh, Ellen I'm so glad you are feeling better.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Glad your starting to feel better! Love the fabric choices together. What ever this secret quilt is, i feel another beauty coming on! Love sis

Betty Lou said...

Glad you are feeling better and back to sewing. Your pinwheels look very nice; mine are finished and in the mail to you for the secret project.