Saturday, February 4, 2012

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Green Week 1

Green is one of my favourite colours and if you looked at my stash you would certainly know it! I have so many scrap pieces that when I made these blocks I didn't have to repeat any green fabrics at all. Included in these scraps are pieces of fabric that had belonged to my sister-in-law, Wanda. She was my husband's older and only sibling and she passed away in 1998, waaaay too young at only 51 years old. She had quite a fabric stash which I inherited and I do try to use fabric from her stash as much as possible. I am very grateful and honoured that I was the one to receive it. Naturally, a lot of those fabrics are what I would classify as oldies but goodies! I bet you can easily identify a few of them - just look at some of those shades and prints. Like many other participants in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge I intend on making a quilt from blocks I make each month. I saw a picture of a throw in magazine - Sew Scrappy Volume Two - designed by Sherri McConnell and you can see a picture of it here. I thought it looked great and would work perfectly for my Rainbow Quilt. If you hop on over to SoScrappy's you can see what other participants worked on this week.

7 comments:

Cathy Tomm said...

Great to make good use of your greens. It is always fun to use other's fabric and in your case you can think about your SIL as you sew some of her fabric.

Angie said...

I bet we have some of the same greens - I found some green scraps today that go back 20 years! Do you plan to set your blocks with white sashing like Sherri McConnell? Inquiring minds want to know!

Christine L said...

Oh my gosh I love it! I actually just saw that same pic on Pinterest and thought what a treasure of a quilt. You have a wonderful start. What a wonderful way to remember your family member as well! An honor to use her fabs I am sure :)

vtquilter said...

Oh, Love her quilt and yours will turn out so lovely with all your colors! A great way to remember people is by sewing with scraps.... especially her stash as you sew with it.

make.share.give said...

Still loving these little block! Even more special with inherited fabric. Keep up the great work.

Peg said...

What a great quilt!

Quilter Kathy said...

That's a very cool quilt...and your blocks are perfect for it!