Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Quilter's Work is Never Done!

My sister Cheryl came to visit yesterday because she needed to use my EQ7 to work on some quilt designs. It was so nice to have her visit and while she was working on her project I worked on a few things too. I sewed some little 4-patches together (they will finish at 2") and I added them to these larger 4" 4-patches that I had worked on last week. These tiny 4-patches will turn into 16-patches that will finish at 4".
I need many more mini 4 patches!
Approx 200 4" 4 patches

These are all parts that belong to the brown quilt that I had set aside in November - I had started working on this quilt in November for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge but I had to set it aside for awhile. It was definitely time to get back to this quilt!

Brown quilt as I left it on my design wall!
Another thing I worked on was my Sapphire Bay (Orca Bay) quilt. On Tuesday I got it all trimmed up and I sewed the binding on by machine and yesterday I started hand stitching the binding to the back.

 I am soooo happy with the way this quilt has turned out! I hope to have it all finished in the next couple days.

3 comments:

Jan-Maree said...

Love the backing on Orca bay and your brown quilt is coming along so nicely!

Judiquilts said...

Ellen, thanks for sharing your brown quilt. I could use up lots of my 1 1/2 inch strips with this quilt. Also, I too love the red and white backing for Sapphire Bay. I haven't got my border on yet ...

vtquilter said...

Love your backing choice for the Sapphire Bay! That brow quilt is looking great.