Monday, February 27, 2012

I Have Courage!

Courage!
My sad attempt at being artsy!
A couple days ago I posted about my progress on this little quilt. I had just finished quilting it and it only needed trimming and binding. I am so happy to say that it is now finished! This quilt is a smaller version of my Gratitude quilt that I gave to someone who helped me to see that I have Courage. While I was making the original quilt I just kept thinking about my courage and how for so many years I didn't think I had any at all. When Gratitude was finished I had some extra blocks left so I decided to make a quilt for me from the leftovers. I will be keeping this quilt for use in my family room so that every time I look at it I will be reminded that I am strong, that I have courage!



This quilt finished at 55" x 65" - a perfect size for cuddling on the couch. It is bound with scrappy binding from fabrics that were used on the front and the backing is a pink/white flower print with inspirational words on it.


5 comments:

vtquilter said...

I just love that backing fabric. Makes me think of spring. Another beautiful quilt... boy you are finishing lots of things lately. Great job.

Jan-Maree said...

i love this quilt and I love the backing but most of all I love the story behind it.

Quilter Kathy said...

Congrats on a wonderful finish! Very inspiring story that you will remember every time you look at your quilt!

Deborah said...

This is a wonderful story and lovely quilt. Is it a pattern? I'd love to add add it to my to do list!

Diana and LaDonna said...

It's a beautiful quilt! Not deserving of your "sad attempt" description! I love the emotion that quilts bring; they comfort the body and soul.

LaDonna