Friday, February 24, 2012

Courage Quilt

Basting Courage
Yesterday, I spent the day with my sister Cheryl in Toronto and we spent most of the day running errands and shopping. We did manage to squeeze in a bit of a visit with our Mom too! When I got home in the evening, the first thing I did was pop on my ipod and take my dog for a walk. The poor pup misses me terribly when I am not home - my son said she spent the whole day laying near the front door waiting for me! I had planned on getting my Courage quilt basted once I got home and even though I was really done in from our busy day I did manage to get it done. It only took me a couple hours to thread baste it because it really is a small quilt and I had everything ready and set up ahead of time.

Today, I spent a couple hours getting it all quilted. I did it on my Janome MC6600 sewing machine and I quilted it in a loopy-loop design just like I did it's sister quilt - Gratitude. It will have to wait a bit for trimming and for binding because tonight I am going to continue working on sewing the binding onto Sapphire Bay.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Ellen, it looks wonderful!! That one is definitely on my want-to-do list.

Cathy Tomm said...

Looking Good. You are close to another finish. I had to come check it our. Nice colours.

Jan-Maree said...

it looks gorgeous! Love it!

Connie said...

How beautiful, I love the colors! This reminds me that I need to quilt the 2 that I have made :) Love that pattern.

Christine L said...

Ellen I love this pattern...Your colors are beautiful too! This is definitely going on my to-do list :)

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Love, Love, Love this quilt - looks more fabulous in person. love sis