Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Brown Quilt Has a Name!



Wow - last night I just had so much trouble sleeping. I really only got about an hour and after tossing and turning for a couple more I just decided to get up and get going. I quietly slipped into my sewing room and away I went! I turned all of these mini 4-patches (there were approx 384 of them) that I had been making over the past week into sets of two and then I continued on to making them into 16-patches. I ended up with 96 16-patches that will finish at 4" but I don't think that is quite enough (I am too tired to think) so I may have to make a couple more once I sew all of the blocks together. While I was working on them I was trying to think of a name for this quilt and I have decided that it will be called Earthtones. Sounds so much nicer to me than 'the brown quilt'!

9 comments:

Christine L said...

Beautiful job. Now get some much needed rest! Love the name too.

Brenda said...

I love bright colours, but lately the browns and earth tones are just pulling me in. I love these blks. And they are so calming and just make me feel like it will be a warm hug when made into a quilt. I love this, and yes, it's alot of work, but so worth it in the end.
Now, go get some sleep!!

Deborah said...

What an amazing amount of work and detail! I just love seeing your work! Deb.

Quilter Kathy said...

Love your earthtone blocks! I wish I could use the sewing machine when I can't sleep at night :) Although I'd probably sew my fingers right into the quilt blocks!

Jan-Maree said...

Looks great - a good way to use the time when you can't sleep!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Love the name Earthtones - it does feel warm and homey! I know this quilt will end up being as beautiful as all the rest of your quilts.

Love sis

Connie said...

Beautiful colors and what a great name! You'd better take a short nap today!

Susan said...

Love Earthtones! What a good thing to do when you can't sleep.

Jeanne said...

Earthtones sounds perfect for your lovely quilt.