Monday, January 30, 2012

Rainbow Scrap Challenge-Red Week 4

In this picture the centre placemats look glow in the dark - yikes!
Here I am late again! I have not had the best week - I had not been sleeping well and whenever I went into my sewing room I would just sort of sit there and not work on much of anything. My mojo seemed to have hit the road! I was able to piece one placemat during the week and today I pieced one more and also 4 more red blocks for my rainbow quilt. At least I got them all pieced before the end of the month! For the third and fourth placemats I used crumb piecing with sashing and string piecing.

The one with the string piecing was not tall enough so I added a strip of red/white dot on the top and bottom to make it taller and then I added a red border around both placemats. I still need to trim all of the placemats to the same size - they are all completely different. Once I really get my mojo back I will layer all 4 placemats and practice some quilting designs on them. Hop on over to SoScrappy's blog to see what other participants have made with their red scraps.

12 comments:

make.share.give said...

Love the little nine-patches with white in the middle. I'm gonna have to give those a try.

Gail said...

I think your reds are lovely! The nine-patch blocks are the same as I used--I just had so much holiday red I decided to do the whole top in red instead of the rainbows. I like the placemats, I'm planning some myself!

Jan-Maree said...

I think they look great Ellen - hope your Mojo comes back soon - keep smiling!

Kelli said...

They do look great.. red is my favorite color and I just love scraps! xo

Quilter Kathy said...

I can relate Ellen! I don't sleep either...but you got a lot of scrappy red projects done!

LuAnn said...

I love what you've done with all of your red scraps. I have days like that, too, where nothing seems to work right. Hope it passes soon and you get your mojo back soon.

Cathy Tomm said...

Glad to see you did get something done this week. We all have weeks were we are late and behind, glad you got something done. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. Hope you fell better.

blauraute said...

I like your placemats very much, they are so beautiful. I hope you fell better very soon and can finish all the things.
Have a nice week and take care
Roswitha

soscrappy said...

Love your collection of red placemats! Is there a correct size for placemats? I was wondering as I was trimming mine up sat wee,.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I hope you get your energy back soon! Can't wait to see what quilting patterns you decide to use. Love sis

vtquilter said...

I think they turned out great! Hope the sewing bug hit you again soon, but until then take care of you. I hear you on the sleep issues. Hope you get a good restful nights sleep soon.

Linda said...

Oh, I like all of your little red blocks. Great use of the red scraps. I'm loving this scrap challenge!