Monday, January 23, 2012

Rainbow Scrap Challenge-Red Week 3

Okay - I am a little late posting my progress for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge - where did Saturday and Sunday go anyway??...but I did make something and I want to show it! This is my second red scrap placemat and I think it turned out pretty well. The month is just flying by and if I want a set of four red placemats then I have to get cracking and make two this week instead of just one. I know that it is not likely that I will have them quilted before the end of the month but I am okay with that. I don't want to rush the quilting just to get them done within a specific time period. My sewing room is too much of a mess and there is just no creative space in it. And...the truth is that I am feeling a bit intimidated by quilting them in some design or pattern other than meandering or straight line quilting. I know I just have to get over it because that is one of the reasons for making the placemats - practice pieces!! To see what everyone else worked on this week check out SoScrappy's blog.

9 comments:

vtquilter said...

Very cute! Placemats are great to practice quilting on, go ahead, you can do it! My space is a mess right now too... but I do plan to 'organize' it up this week while the machine is in for a cleaning.

Peg said...

Beauty! And so useful!

Cathy Tomm said...

Good to see a second place mat done. Do not panic about the quilting. Your right it is about practising on small projects.

scraphappy said...

Adorable! They will be just perfect for quilting practice. Take a deep breath and jump in. What's the worst that could happen?

Jan-Maree said...

The placemat looks great - the key to FMQ is practice and little projects like this are perfect. Just take a deep breath and jump in - what is the worst that can happen? Good luck!

Crispy said...

Another lovely placemat Ellen. Good for you!! It's often better not to rush into the quilting.

Crispy

Quilter Kathy said...

So cute...love the scrappy border!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Really love those peppermint centers! You're placemat looks lovely. love sis

blauraute said...

Hallo Ellen,
it's a wonderful placemat. I love red and white so much. The scrappy border is so beautiful.
Have a nice week and take care
Roswitha