Saturday, January 7, 2012

Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2012 - Red Week 1

Week 1
This year I am gung-ho to participate in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge again. It is graciously hosted by Angela of SoScrappy who definitely deserves a great big THANK YOU - she is really motivating us to use up our bits and pieces of fabric and the best thing is that there are no quilt police. How you participate is up to you - no scraps...gasp! or too busy - no problem. She provides a link-up on her blog each Saturday so why not visit and check out what everyone is working on. I plan on doing things a wee bit differently than I did last year. I really didn't have too much of a plan when I joined in for 2011 and just went with the flow but after seeing all of the great rainbow quilts that were made I have decided to jump on that wonderful band wagon. I plan on making little 9-patches that will finish at 6" as well as some string blocks. I am open to other projects as well - it just depends on time and inclination. I figure if I can work on some smaller projects then I can use them to practice my machine quilting skills at the same time. I hope to have a number of fabulous scrap projects completed by the end of the year.

10 comments:

Jan-Maree said...

Yummy blocks Ellen. I am not doing the rainbow scrap challenge this year - too busy sewing soldier quilts and they can't have a lot of piecing in them as it takes too long - but I will be watching what it going on all the same!

LuAnn said...

I like those blocks. Can't wait to see what they you will do with them at the end of the challenge.

scraphappy said...

What cute little blocks. So glad to have you in again this year. I can already imagine the great rainbow quilt your blocks will turn into!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Love your red blocks. Looking forward to see what you create this time. love sis

vtquilter said...

Cute little blocks and they will look so nice in a rainbow quilt!

Quilter Kathy said...

That is a great plan! I hope I come up with a plan...I am overrun with scraps, but need something that isn't a large time commitment.

Crispy said...

Sounds like a great plan :0) Love the blocks....red is always good LOL.

Crispy

Dolores said...

These blocks look like the beginning of a very nice, colourful quilt.

Connie said...

Great looking blocks! When I joined last year I had no idea what I was doing either. This year I hope to have a rainbow quilt done at the end.

Kathy's A Quilter said...

Looks like a great project train to hop on...shall I or shall I not...time will tell. So many quilts so little time. Will let you know which way I go soon.