Monday, January 2, 2012

Orca Bay - Week 6

The cat is out of the bag because Bonnie has already posted the finished quilt and it is a beauty! I have just finished step 6 and I hope to start working on step 7 tonight. I am very happy with the way my stars have turned out and I really do like the effect of the positive/negative blocks. I have not made a quilt using that design element before. I have fallen a little bit behind but that is okay - I will just keep plugging along until I have it done. It is already so close to completion that I don't think it will take me too much longer. It took me a year to finish RRCB (Pavlova) but this quilt will certainly be done within a much smaller time frame. Take some time to visit Bonnie's blog to see the progress that others have made and also see how the quilts look in other colourways. There really are some gorgeous quilts being made!

8 comments:

vtquilter said...

Looking good! I'm sure you'll have this finished in just a little while.

Quilter Kathy said...

I am at the same place as you...great blocks!

Brenda said...

I am working on the red strings right now, kinda mixing it up I guess as the steps ahead, I have done and some missed totally!!

I like the way the blks look when sitting together like that - you are not behind at all!! some people have just started this as they did not want to start during the Christmas rush!!

It will be fun to have it done though!!

Kathy said...

Your blocks are looking good and your Orca Bay quilt is well on its way.

blauraute said...

Dear Ellen,
your Ocra Quilt is looking great, I think it will be finis soon.
A happy new year to you and those you love.
Take care
Roswitha

Susan said...

Your blocks look good all laid out like that but I look forward to seeing your finished top. Pavlova is beautiful!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Your Orca Bay quilt looks wonderful!

luv sis

Candace said...

Your Ohio stars are wonderful, lots of definition between them. Can't wait to see your quilt, but I know what you mean about going at your own pace.