Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Leftovers

I already had these blocks made.
Jiminy cricket...time is already flying by in this new year. It is already Jan 4th and I need to get cracking on finishing my Leftovers quilt for my son Adam. I had set it aside in November so that I could work on a couple other projects and now the date for completion is looming ahead - his birthday is Jan 21. I know that I will have plenty of time to complete it but it won't get done if I don't start working on it now. I finished up with Orca Bay step 7 (no picture - nothing too exciting to see) and I have put that aside for a couple days. I needed to clear up my sewing room so I could have some flat surfaces to work on. I had left most of the fabric that I thought I might need for Orca Bay on the tables for easy access so it just turned into a big cluttered mess as I ransacked it for what I needed. I have put most of it away now and I just have a pile of smaller pieces that I will cut down into squares, bricks, etc. and another pile of larger pieces that I will cut at my sister's place with her new Go fabric cutter!
The colours are off - it was already evening and I used a flash.

I sewed all of these blocks together today. It helped that I already had all of the 4 patches sewn together so I was able to get a lot finished. This quilt will have a total of 130 blocks (they finish at 8") so I do still have quite a few left to stitch and I plan to get a lot of them made tomorrow.

13 comments:

Brenda said...

Put Orca aside and work on this one till it's done. I think this is more important, so it comes first. And, I like the way you have it layed out with the 4 patches!!

And have fun making this up!! That is how I felt when I got up, the fourth already???!! lol!

Lets go to our machines and make this dream of getting our stuff done a reality!!

Kylie Lloyd said...

I love your left over quilt. It will be amazing when it is finished. Can't wait to see how all 130 blocks look together.

Jan-Maree said...

It is looking gorgeous! Bet he will love it!

Michelle @ Periwinkle said...

It seems you got a lot accomplished today! It lookalike the quilt will be beatiful--I love scrappy quilts too

Michelle @ Periwinkle said...

That is, looks like

Dolores said...

Very nice and masculine looking.

vtquilter said...

Great quilt and so much progress in one day! I just love it when things go together quickly. Enjoy your sewing day today.

greelyrita said...

Your blog is called Little Jewels and this quilt looks like its made of little jewels. It's great!!

elle said...

How satisfying to work on a quilt that is coming together so well.

Jeanne said...

WONDERFUL quilt -- I love scrappy!
Jeanne

Denise :) said...

Gorgeous! And this looks very much like the Journey Steps quilt I did with swap blocks from our Stitcher's Group (we did our blocks in CW prints). http://daneesey.blogspot.com/2011/10/swap-on-design-wall.html Isn't this a fun pattern?!? :)

Cheryl said...

Wow Ellen! Leftovers looks wonderful. I really like the look of this quilt. luv sis

Leanne said...

That quilt is very striking, what a lovely quilt for your son.