Friday, January 20, 2012

Leftovers is a Quilt!...and FNSI

The actual name of this quilt is "They Aren't Leftovers Until Everyone Is Finished Eating" but I call it Leftovers for short. I love my version just as much, well maybe even more, than the original that I saw on Lori from Humble Quilts blog! As soon as I saw her quilt I knew that it would be perfect for my son, Adam. We will be delivering it to him tomorrow when we see him for his family birthday celebration.
Pardon the shadow across the top!

I tried to take a picture of it hanging...










Leftovers finished at 79" x 94" and is quilted in a meander design using off-white thread and wow it lost a couple inches both ways with the quilting. There are a couple toe-catchers but I can live with them and I know Adam can too. I might not get an award for the quilting but I certainly would win first place if it was judged by how much love went into it! I hope he wears it out and then asks me to make him another quilt to replace it. We all wish long, happy and healthy lives for our children! I used a black/gray/tan/gold paisley for the backing as well as the extra 10 blocks leftover from the front and a piece of tan fabric to fill in the extra spaces. I also used the same paisley fabric for the binding.

I am hoping that when our basement is finished that I will have a much better place for displaying my quilts for photographing. Currently, I lay them out on the hall floor then stand on the staircase - hang over the railing - and try to get a picture.

Tonight is Friday Night Sew-In and I plan on participating..I am going to work on my Orca Bay quilt top. Hop on over to Crafty Vegas Mom's blog to sign up.

12 comments:

Quiltbenaco said...

Mi piace tanto, tanto.
Vorrei fare anch'io una trapunta per il mio figlio più grande, credo proprio che ti "ruberò" il progetto.
Ciao

Linda said...

Awesome finish! It's wonderful.

Cathy said...

Every time I see this quilt, I love it even more.

blauraute said...

Wonderful!!!! I love it and I hope your son too.
Have a nice weekend and take care
Roswitha

Quilter Kathy said...

Congrats on a love filled finish! It's a great quilt!
I'll "see" you at the Friday Night Sew-In!

Cheryl said...

Wow Ellen

I love leftovers and i love the memory that leftovers holds for you and Adam. Wonderful story and an absolutely beautiful quilt! I am only sorry that i will not get to see this quilt before it leave home!

Love sis

Jan-Maree said...

Who wouldn't love it - has he seen it at all? What a great long lasting gift for him!

vtquilter said...

Love how that turned out. He's going to love it.

Peg said...

Fabulous quilt!

Teresa Felgueiras said...

Congratulations! you've made a piece of art. I absolutely
Love your quilt.

scraphappy said...

Terrific finished quilt! I am sure he will love using it as much as you loved making it. Congratulations!

Christine L said...

I'll take those Leftovers ANYTIME! It looks beautiful! I am sure Adam will love it for Years and years. ;)
Congrats on an AWESOME FINISH!