Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Roll Roll Cotton Boll..and a Change of Plans



All Quilted
I put Roll Roll Cotton Boll on the quilt frame early yesterday morning and I finally finished the quilting today. I can't believe how long it took me to quilt it. I had a lot of issues with my quilting, thread, operator error, etc, and there are still some skipped stitches that I need to fix up but I will do that on my regular sewing machine later. I really do think I would have done a better job on my Janome 6600 and I would have got it done a lot quicker too! I guess I just have to chalk it up to time spent learning and practicing...but I do hope it gets better really quickly because at this rate I will just about double my time spent quilting and my frustration level has significantly increased too! I love this quilt and it will be staying with me. I need to make the binding and attach it and one more important thing I must do is to come up with another name for it and I am having a lot of trouble with that for some reason.


Molly modeling RRCB
I had been planning on quilting a couple more quilts this month before moving on and finishing up the projects that I have in progress - Leftovers, Jacob's Ladder, the brown quilt for Rainbow Scrap Challenge, etc., but I have decided to give the brown quilt as a Christmas gift to dear friends of ours. So that quilt, along with Orca Bay, will be receiving the bulk of my attention for the next little while.

I am linking up with Needle and Thread Network which is an open blog to bring Canadian fibre artists or creative stitchers and sewists together.

12 comments:

Cathy said...

Your RRCB looks wonderful. There is always a steep learning curve to any new quilting method. The more you do, the better you will get at it. I always have problems with naming quilts, as well, and rarely seem to be able to come up with anything.

I'm Myra said...

Fun seeing your Roll Roll Cotton Boll posted right now, as a friend of mine just finished piecing her's this past weekend!!

You quilt looks great! Sorry to hear of your frustrations quilting it... Keep at it and soon it will be off your mind...

Diving into Orca Bay too! Yikes! I had considered it, but am so far behind in my other projects...

Happy stitching!

Cherry Red Quilter said...

That is one gorgeous quilt and one very gorgeous little dog!

Linda said...

Congrats on getting your RRCB quilted. It is wonderful. I really have to get mine quilted too!

Quilter Kathy said...

So sorry to hear the quilting was not relaxing and enjoyable, but it looks fabulous!

M-R said...

Your Roll Roll Cotton Bowl quilt is beautiful! Why do you want to find another name? That one is perfect!

Cheryl said...

Morning Ellen

You know i just love this quilt, it has such an Old East European feeling to me, i know you have now chosen the name of this quilt and i think it is perfect! love sis

elle said...

This is a very wonderful quilt. I really like it. In today's vernacular, things Rock. Well this one Rolls! good job!

Peg said...

Gorgeous quilt!

Sheila said...

Your quilt is gorgeous , it must have been a ton of work but well worth it :-)

Candace said...

Sorry that you had technical problems quilting your RRCB, but it is a beautiful quilt. Mine is staying with me too, I really like how they look. Your friend should love your Brown Quilt, it's beautiful, too.

The Cozy Quilter said...

What a beautiful quilt! I justhavetoad the completed borders to mine and then I will send it off to the long armers for quilting. I have not started orca bay but hope to make it at some point. Congrats ona great finish!