Monday, December 5, 2011

Orca Bay - Week 3

Week 3 wasn't too bad at all - I made quick work of these little hsts. I was certainly expecting that this week was going to be much more challenging than it was. I even made some extras so I can pick and choose a little bit once we see what is going to happen to them. I am still very excited about this mystery quilt and I am looking forward to next week's step. Bonnie may be lulling us into a false sense of simplicity with the last couple steps so I am expecting that next week may be a lot more involved. It's not too late to join in with the fun - hop on over to Quiltville where you can check out all of the participants' progress and find all of the instructions. I have been visiting as many blogs as I can, leaving comments as well, and I have found many wonderful "new to me" blogs.

12 comments:

Cathy said...

They're looking good. I'm still stuck on step 1 with 124 done and 50 some odd more cut and ready to sew.

Candace said...

I love the colors in your blocks. They are black and white, but lots of other pretty colors peeking out too.

Sandra in the UK said...

I'm liking the patterns in the neutrals. Good work!

carolyn berroeta said...

Your neutrals are very interesting, and I am sure will blend in well with all the red we are waiting for !

Quilter Kathy said...

I love how scrappy your blocks look...such ineresting fabrics!

Cathy Tomm said...

Yes Lulling us and then bang a big week could be coming up. Love the sparks of colour in you neutrals, I am doing some bits of colour too. I only have a few done so far as I was away this weekend. Must go sew now.

Connie said...

Congrats on getting your blocks all done....I'm getting there!

Linda said...

Lookin' good!

Mary said...

You are making great progress on you mystery quilt. If I weren't such a slow piecer, I would have loved to join in.

Brenda said...

Look at you!!! Now I am not to nervous about not even being started yet!!
I spent the weekend on my own little 'retreat'at home, and got the first 2 steps done - so when I was done with those blks, I started to tidy up my room, and found more fabrics I can use in the mystery!! Good find, I didn't realize I had hidden black fabrics in a storage box?????
And now seeing that they are fairly quick to do, I am ready to get busy!!!
You did a great job on these!! And I do not want to think she has scary things to come!! I am thinking these are the 'scary' things and she is getting us to do them first so the rest is 'gravy'!!!!

Sue Daurio said...

Oh look at all the color in yours!! I love it!

I'm Myra said...

Looks like you are keeping up with Orca Bay really well! Good for you! 8-)