Thursday, December 15, 2011

Friday Night Sew-In - Dec 16

As much as I would like to work on Orca Bay this Friday night I know that my time is better spent working on Christmas gifts. I have got to get my act together and get out of this funk - my sore ear and stuffy nose just have to let go of me. So, for this FNSI I will be sewing (and hopefully finishing) some boxers for my sons and husband.  I can do this, I will do this! My son Eric also wants some new pj pants for Christmas and Adam would probably like some too, so if I have time I will try to work on those as well.

I pulled out the pattern piece for the boxers last night and was looking through my stash of fabric to find something suitable and I am very sorry to say that I just do not want to give up any of my fabric! I thought I would be frugal and use something that I already had but I seem to be a stash hog. It is almost like the fabric has to be pried from my little hands and they just will not let go. I am going to go to the fabric store this evening and pick some fabric specifically for the boxers (any excuse to buy fabric is a good one) and of course any extra scraps will find their way into my stash - I wouldn't want them to go to waste. I plan to get the boxers cut out tonight and maybe I will be able to get 3 pairs all sewn in one evening plus get a start on the pj pants. That would be an awesome FNSI!

9 comments:

blauraute said...

I only could good luck.
Have a nice FNSI
Roswitha

Quilter Kathy said...

Thanks for the smile today!
Hope you find something for the boxers so that you don't have to give up any of your stash!
See you Friday!

vtquilter said...

You make me laugh! Hope you found some fabric worthy of boxers so you are all set to sew today.

Connie said...

You are too funny! Now does that mean you have to pick fabric you just can't stand? Otherwise it might end up in your stash instead.

Cathy Tomm said...

I plan to sew Friday night. Orca bay for sure. I have one gift that must be finished and then I too was thinking PJ bottoms or boxers for my boys. I am not sure I have fabric to use. I might have to buy some. Also I have no pattern, never made them.

Cherry Red Quilter said...

Happy fabric searching and sewing - I can't wait to see what you choose!

Kathy said...

Best of luck for the next Friday night sewing session. I will participate too by assembling the remaining parts on the flannel jackets. It can be so tempting to skip around and do other projects, but I should concentrate on the gifts like you!

scraphappy said...

Hope you got lots accomplished during Friday night sew-in.

Candace said...

Hope you reached your goal. Several years ago I got a one size fits all pajama bottom pattern to make for all the family, and I haven't made a one yet, lol.