Saturday, December 10, 2011

FNSI - Dec 9 Results

30 String Blocks for Orca Bay
Things were humming in my sewing room starting fairly early in the afternoon and right up until after 10 pm. Of course, I did take a few little breaks (who would of thought that my family would want dinner????) but I did spend as much time as I could working along with all of my virtual sewing buddies. You would have thought with all that time spent in my sewing room I would have a lot more to show for my efforts but really all I could manage was 30 of the 64 5.5" red strings blocks required for the Orca Bay quilt. I enjoyed spending the time making them and I hope to work on them some more tomorrow. I was not able to continue with them today because I had to drive my son to school in Toronto for another exam. Our regional bus service is still on strike #%$*&! so we had to leave early this morning so my son could study in the university library in preparation for the exam. I got home at dinner time and here we are now, I just finished making dinner and I am too tired to work on Orca Bay. I love the richness of the reds in the string blocks - gorgeous. They look quite ratty because they need to be trimmed but I like to spray them with starch before trimming and I am all out. Thanks to Heidi and Bobbi for hosting another great and successful Friday Night Sew-In!

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Those blks are beautiful!!! The red is really striking - I hope my blks when I finally get to them will be a wounderful!!!

Isn't it fun to sew with others - even virtual buddies!!! And almost 1/2 done, I think that is a pretty good day, don't you??!

Time to keep working on Step 3, so I can play with Step 4 too!! You did a fantastic job there!! Wounder what's next........

Cherry Red Quilter said...

good job keeping up this well. I just don't have time to do even one of the steps but I am enjoying watching everyone else!

Cheryl said...

Ellen your reds look marvelous! Sorry forgot to remind you about the starch yesterday when we were shopping...ooops! love sis

Christine L said...

I am not doing this particular challenge, but is is fun so far watching your progress! I love the red..so bold and bright!

Peg said...

Love that bold red too! This looks like it'll be a great quilt!

Connie said...

Your blocks look great! I think I am on number 38 at the moment! It is fun to look at all the different fabrics, have fun! I love the reds too!