Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Has Come and Gone!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful and happy Christmas! We just got through eating 3 Christmas dinners and I have to say that I am feeling like a stuffed turkey. It is so tiring eating all that food that lots of rest is required after all of the festivities. We are quite fortunate to have that complaint.










Just before Christmas I received this wonderful package from Jan-Maree of Cherry Red Quilter. She had challenged me to turn this into this within a certain time period and this was my reward for meeting her cheeky challenge. We were getting a  little worried because it took a long time to get to me (close to 3 weeks) but when the package arrived we could see that there had indeed been a problem.










Jan-Maree thinks it was the beavers and bears that tried to get into the package! She is too funny!! Just look at the wonderful gifts she sent me - 2 surfing Santa potholders that she made, 2 tree decorations (that immediately made their way onto my tree) and some yummy chocolate. Thank you so much Jan-Maree - it was so much fun to receive such a nice parcel - I really must have been a good girl.

Now that this year is coming to an end I am starting to think about the new year and how I want/hope to spend my time for the next year. I have so many sewing projects/quilts that I want to make, books to read, exercises to do (yikes) and the list goes on. I also need to make sure that I make time for friends and loved ones too! Here's hoping that I will achieve everything that I set out to do next year. I know that I do need to be more organized in the coming year - that should certainly help a lot.

3 comments:

vtquilter said...

Such cute little gifts. Glad you had a good holiday and I hear you on the exercises... I need to really start up a routine again now that things are settling down. Don't forget to plan lots of sewing time around friends and family! Wishing you a happy and healthy new year.

Jan-Maree said...

SO GLAD that your parcel turned up safe and sound in spite of the wild life!!! All the best for a great New Year

Cheryl said...

Happy New Year Everyone!

Jan-Maree i think you potholders are so much fun! What a nice gesture to such a lovely sister! love sis