Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Working to Goal

Wow, it's amazing how just identifying the problem makes things seem a little less overwhelming. I am already making progress on my goal of getting quilts finished. I chose to work on my quilt "Gratitude" first because it was the one that was furthest along. I needed to trim it up, make the binding and sew it by machine to the front and make the label. Well, I got that finished yesterday and I was also able to start hand-stitching the binding to the back last night while watching Jurassic Park. I am pretty sure that movie has been on tv a dozen times recently! There are so many great movies available so why do they have to keep showing the same ones over and over?

This morning, I trimmed up the scraps from the backing and binding into strips and smaller pieces and put them away. That really does feel great because that means I won't be shifting the scraps around my sewing room while they are waiting for me to take care of them. I don't want to fall into the trap of "saving" my scraps up and trimming them later. I learned that lesson a while ago because it took me a long time to dig myself out of that hole.

Hopefully, I will be posting tomorrow and showing my finished quilt!

1 comment:

Cherry Red Quilter said...

Well done Ellen. It feels good to be better organised - now I just need some time to do that for me!