Friday, November 25, 2011

Still Loving Leftovers

This is what my design wall looks like today and I love it! I have been spending bits of time here and there working on these blocks and I now have 45 made. My plan is to make 130 blocks in total - that would make my quilt finish at approx. 80" x 104". I say approximately because it really does depend on how accurate my piecing is! Each block will finish at 8" and I do not plan on putting any borders on this quilt. Yesterday, I stacked all of the block components together so I can just grab and sew whenever I have time but I found that either I didn't make enough of the the little 4-patches or I cut too many of the other pieces. I guess it doesn't really matter right now. I will just keep on sewing and if I need more 4-patches I can make them when I need them.

9 comments:

Cherry Red Quilter said...

I love it Ellen - are you choosing with any particular thoughts in mind when you choose which fabrics to include? It looks delightfully scrappy! Love it.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I love leftovers! It really is a beautiful pattern. One i may like to try for one of my boys. love sis

Linda said...

Ooooo I love this! I must get started on something like this as a leader/ender project. Sheez! It is a never ending story isn't it? So many ideas!

Judee said...

That is going to be one stunning quilt! Love those chains. Keep us posted.

Barb in Mi said...

This looks great! Keep on sewing!

Christine L said...

This is just gorgeous! I love the fourpatch and the layout!

Cheryll said...

This quilt top is fantastic! It looks stunning on your design wall so how good will it look on your bed! WOW!

Bev C said...

Hello Ellen,

Love your leftovers, it is amazing what we can make with our leftovers. It is stunning.
Happy sewing.
Bev.xoxo

Carla said...

Hello from a fellow Canadian! I'm out in B.C. Love this on your design wall. I think I have that pattern somewhere. Must put this on the to do list.