Sunday, November 27, 2011

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Brown Week 4

We are coming to the end of another month and I just cannot believe how quickly time is flying by! This is the final installment for the colour brown and I am definitely not finished with my quilt. I finished sewing all of my blocks and I have 32 in total plus a couple little bits that weren't enough to make a complete block. For this quilt I used scrap pieces from Fun & Games (not the best picture!), Pathways, Michael Joseph's Quilt of Many Colours and Leftovers to name a few. I am having a bit of a problem though and that is I really do like what I am seeing and I want to make it bigger! I have basically used up most of the scrap bits so I will have to cut into larger pieces of fabric - I do still have plenty to choose from. So that's it - I would like it to finish around 80" x 96" or even a bit longer. I really do like quilts that you can pull up and cuddle under in bed (or on the couch) without any toes sticking out - not that it is a problem for me but my sons are both over 6' tall (and my husband is pretty tall too!). I am not sure who this quilt will go to but I have lots of candidates because in my quest to make all family members a quilt I have 14 nephews to choose from.

I don't know what the name of this block pattern is but it consists of 2 4-patches and 2 16-patches. My block will finish at 8". I think I would like to make this pattern again and use pretty feminine colours! Hop on over to SoScrappy's blog and see what everyone else has worked on this week.

11 comments:

Christine L said...

WOW you have been busy and it Looks Fabulous! I LOVE IT!

scraphappy said...

Thanks for showing a closeup of the block pattern. I was guessing it was much more complicated based on the effect in the finished quilt. You made great progress with your brown scraps this month. They look fabulous all together.

Peg said...

These are looking fabulous!

Cathy said...

It is wonderful!!! It looks so intricate from a distance. It has life and motion and warmth. Whoever gets it will be very blessed.

LuAnn said...

What a great pattern, and it will make a neat quilt.

Quilter Kathy said...

I love it too...no wonder you want to make it bigger!

Cherry Red Quilter said...

I love it Ellen - can I be one of your nieces? I can act young - just ask my boys - the are always telling me how immature I am!

Connie said...

I really like the colors and your block is so neat, I agree with you that a quilt big enough to cover your toes is important!

Cheryl said...

Although it is a different pattern the colouring reminds me of Fun and Games! It is another beautiful quilt Ellen! lov sis

I'm Myra said...

Oh my! I love the look of this! Awesome Ellen!!

Deanna said...

Lovely work! I love your scrappy sense.