Sunday, November 20, 2011

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Brown Week 3

Wow - this week has flown by and I really have not had a lot of time to work on my brown blocks for the scrap challenge. I did get all of the 4-patches sewn into little tiny 16-patches. These are so little and so cute - they will finish at only 4"!

Yesterday, when I got back from my dental appointment (cleaning and exam) I got dinner started and after eating I made my way to my sewing room and started sewing 2.5" squares into pairs. I just sewed away and made as many as I could. I didn't take the time to count them I just wanted to sew! I am pretty sure that I will need to make some more and then they all need to be sewn into 4-patches. Once that is done, block construction can begin.

I won't have time to sew today because I have to drive my son, Eric, to Toronto for a mid-term exam. Our regional transit system is on strike and has been for several weeks and it really is making it very challenging for my son to commute to university! While he is writing his exam I will spend my time visiting with my Mom and sisters. That is always time well spent!!!

4 comments:

Christine L said...

Your Blocks are going to turn into something just fantastic..I sense it :) Have a safe trip!

vtquilter said...

Tiny, tiny blocks but oh so pretty! Visiting time with family is always nice... maybe some hand work too!

Quilter Kathy said...

Wow...those are tiny! Way to go using up all those scraps!

Cherry Red Quilter said...

Oh you are putting me to shame - I am drowning under Christmas present quilt, kris kringle presents and a baby quilt, chrsitmas decoration and a pin cushion - no time for brown - love to see what you are doing though. One of my quilts has mostly brown in it so I am calling that my quilt for this month.