Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Orca Bay - Week 1


I am so excited because I finished making all of the little hourglass blocks! I feel like I should ring a bell - DING- I'm done! I didn't get to start working on it until Monday and I was feeling really envious of all the participants that started it on Friday. I just could not make the time for it until then but I have certainly made up for it. It helped that I woke up really early this morning and for some reason I just could not go back to sleep, so I got up at 3:45 am and went into my sewing room and just worked away for a few hours. I had a few things to take care of in the morning and then back to work and I finished at lunch time.

I decided to stick with Bonnie's colour selections and play it safe. I used a variety of black and an even wider variety of neutrals. They turned out quite cute....at this point all I can say is I hope it works! Now I have to go and check out what everyone else came up with - there is a long list so I know it will certainly take me some time to visit everyone. Follow the link to Bonnie's blog and find the info for this mystery quilt-along at the top of the page and you can join in too!

15 comments:

Eat, Sleep, Quilt said...

Your blocks look awesome! Your selections for blacks and neutrals look like what I'm using, with spots of color. They're really cute.

Leeann said...

Hi thanks for visiting my blog to check out my hour glasses. Your hour glasses look great, you have a good range of fabric. Roll on Friday (or for me Saturday as we are a day ahead here in New Zealand!)

liz said...

It does feel good to have these little blocks all done. Well done. I didn't haven't enough variety in my blacks, so I did brown.

scraphappy said...

So cute! You can never go wrong with Bonnie's color choices. Way to power through and get them all finished up. Now you are in the clear for the next clue.

Quilter Kathy said...

It sounds like you sleep as well as I do! But I'm too tired to get up and sew! great job on the blocks!

Béa said...

Very beautiful units / selection of fabrics. I too love working early morning.

blauraute said...

Wonderful choises of fabrics. I can't get up early in the morning, I like to work in the evening.
Your Rainbow Scrap blocks are beautiful, great selection of colors.
Have a nice day and take care
Roswitha

Charlie and Wendy said...

Hi Ellen, I have enjoyed having a lovely visit of your blog, you have made so many wonderful quilts. This new one looks like it will be stunning. I am like you and will sometimes get up at 4am to get some work done! I am your newest follower. Wendy

Helen in the UK said...

Those little units are looking brilliant. Great to be all done and ready for the next clue :)

Linda said...

Your little blocks are so yummy. This mystery is going to be so much fun.

vtquilter said...

I'm going to live through you on this one for a few weeks.. until I can start it! Love you blocks so far and great job on getting them all done before the next step!

Candace said...

Looks like you got a little later start but made up for it like gangbusters. Great blocks. I love the white and black with a touch of red.

Gerda said...

Who cares when you do the blocks, although I prefer to sleep at night. Bottomline: you've got great looking blocks!!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Your little blocks look wonderful! I really love the red and blue! I think you have another beauty in the works! love sis

Celia said...

It feels great to finish the blocks. I didn't have a big variety of black fabrics so I opted for blue.