Tuesday, November 1, 2011

October Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Courage

I have completed this quilt top in the nick of time - I had most of the sashing sewn and the blocks joined together and I just needed to finish up a small area. I really had hoped to also have it quilted but...c'est la vie. It really is a smaller version of Gratitude (which is exactly what I wanted) and I am quite happy with both quilts. At one point, I had thought about adding another border but I decided to just leave it as it is. I found what I think is the perfect backing for it. It is white and pink and has words on it like "courage" and I bought it while on one of my little trips last week. It has little pink ribbons on it too so I guess it must be from a fabric collection supporting breast cancer. Even though this quilt is not about breast cancer the fabric really does represent what this quilt really is all about - Courage!

Please forgive my wrinkles!
Courage backing


4 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

It's awesome! Very fresh and modern looking!

Cathy said...

Very very pretty. And I love that Backing.

Cherry Red Quilter said...

Absolutely love it and that backing is just gorgeous!

Connie said...

Beautiful fabric for the backing! That reminds me that I need to get back working on mine.'Quilting by the River