Sunday, November 6, 2011

November Rainbow Scrap Challenge

The scrap challenge for this month is brown - all shades and colour variations are included. Well, it just so happens that I have recently been working on quilts that include the colour brown so I have plenty of scraps all ready to go. Luckily, I have been very good at keeping my scraps under control and I have been cutting and sorting them pretty well as soon as I have finished the quilt tops. I have an abundance of 1.5" twosies all ready made up and waiting (they were extras from my Leftover's quilt) as well as a variety of 2.5" squares and 2.5" x 4.5" bricks.

I have sewn the twosies into 4-patches and I may have settled on this block pattern. As you can see it uses the little 4-patches and also includes larger 4-patches made up from 2.5" squares. I may not have enough of the little 4-patches made but I still have plenty of 1.5" strips that I can use to make them up as needed. I am not too sure how big this quilt will be but I certainly hope that it is at least single bed size by the time I am done with it! Take a little trip over to soscrappy's blog and see what everyone else is up to this month.

5 comments:

vtquilter said...

Ooohh. That is going to be really pretty! Can't wait to see the progress on this one.

Cherry Red Quilter said...

Oh you are way too organised! You put the rest of us to shame! Now I really have to get started!

mainer said...

Ditto what Cherry Red Quilter said. Looks like you will have a good sized quilt there.

Cheryl said...

Wow! Another beautiful quilt in the making and almost all the work already done for you! Organization seems to work very well in the world of quilting. Love sis

scraphappy said...

So pretty, how fun that you have everything organized and ready to go. Looks perfect for fall.