Saturday, November 19, 2011

November FNSI Results

Friday Night Sew-In was a success at my house! I had a bit of an early start, which was a good thing because I really needed the extra time. I had selected my fabrics - I needed one main fabric and one coordinating fabric for the lining/pockets for each set of tea totes and tissue holders. I chose darker colours because I don't know about you but the bottom of my purse can get pretty murky! My early start allowed me to pre-cut all of the fabric prior to starting my sewing for the evening. It is just as well because I didn't finish up until after 11 pm and by then I was really tired and making silly mistakes like sewing the main fabric wrong side out! 

First off, I made a test set and they looked pretty good to me so I was off to the races and I made seven more sets. One for each of my sisters, my Mom, and one for me of course. The tutorials were very easy to follow and I found the tissue holder very simple to make. The tea totes were a little more complicated and I made a slight change to the closure from a button tab to a velcro tab. It just worked better for me. I just need to hand-stitch the turning opening on the tea totes and then these Christmas gifts will be complete.


9 comments:

Cherry Red Quilter said...

Well done Ellen. They all look great. Bet it feels good to have crossed a few things off your Christmas to do list. I am still working on that!

Cheryl said...

Wow Ellen! What a great idea for gifts! Ooops! I should not have peeked. Love sis

barb's creations said...

A very productive night,it helps to have things pre-cut doesn't it? :) Barb.

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

What thoughtful gifts, and what a great way to use a Friday Night Sew-In! I'm sure these will be appreciated, especially since they're made with love.

supermom said...

WOW... you got a lot finished on FNSI. I'll bet it feels great to have so many gifts finished.

I'm Myra said...

Looking wonderful! You got lots done there Ellen! Good for you!

Manda said...

Very productive night! They look great! :)

Chris said...

WOW! You got a lot done. I am also impressed by all the fabric you got pressed as well as mindful about the amount of work involved. Why does it take so little time to clutter a table and so much time to unclutter???

Candace said...

What cute little projects. I'll bet they love them.