Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Gratitude is Finished!

I love this quilt! The top was made while participating in the Garden Fence Quilt-along and I can say that I am very glad that I did participate. Many of the fabrics used in this quilt were from fat quarters that I had received in packets over a period of time from my LQS through their Bargain Lover's Club. I supplemented these fabrics with fabric from my stash and...voila!...I have a gorgeous quilt to give as a gift to someone who gave me courage. I am hoping that it is to her taste and that she enjoys it as much as I do!

This quilt finished at approx 78" x 99" and is quilted with white thread in a loopy-loop free-motion design that I quilted on my Janome MC6600. The backing is a wonderful deep pink and I used one of the fabrics from the front for the binding.

9 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh Ellen, it is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!

blauraute said...

Dear Ellen,
it is beautiful, wonderful, great work.
Have a nice day and take care
Roswitha

Quilter Kathy said...

It is a fabulous quilt! Love the binding too...it's perfect!
And will be a treasured gift!

Connie said...

Congrats on a beautiful quilt and finishing it!

Cherry Red Quilter said...

It is just gorgeous - I wish I could see the look on the face of the recipient when they receive it - I am sure they are going to just LOVE it!

Cheryl said...

oooh la la! Love it love it love it! So fresh and clean! love sis

Béa said...

Beautiful, I really love this quilt and colours. XO

Linda said...

An absolute beauty! Awesome fabrics. I love it.

Candace said...

Boy, it's beautiful and 'big', now you'll have your frame to make quilting those big ones easier. It is so bright and happy.