Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Grace Frame and Janome 1600P

Quilting frame right oustide my sewing room door!
Last week I mentioned that I went on a little road trip to Elmira with my sisters, Glenda, Cheryl and Christine. The reason for my visit was I went to see this quilt frame and sewing machine that were for sale. I did buy it that day but I couldn't bring it home because it really would not fit in my car. It is a Grace II queen size quilt frame and a Janome 1600P sewing machine. Let me tell you I was soooo excited that I couldn't wait to get it home. My nephew Norman has a pick-up truck and last Friday evening my husband and I met him in Elmira and he very generously drove it to my place. That is just about a 5 hour driving trip for him from start to finish plus the time to load and unload the vehicle. What a wonderful nephew - I can't thank him enough!!

The woman that sold me the set-up, Marilyn, was a very generous person. She included lots of attachments - extra feet, a clip-on light, and lots of books! When we were there for the initial visit she showed my sister Glenda a quilt top that she had made and my sister loved it so much that she bought it. The quilt was not finished so Marilyn included all of the finishing materials - backing, batting, quilting thread and extra fabric. There had to be at least 3-4m of extra fabric from small to large remnants and even some much larger pieces. My sister Glenda was absolutely thrilled! I don't have a picture of the quilt top but if I get one I will post it - it really is very nice indeed.

Marilyn was not at home when we picked up the frame but she left me another little surprise to take home with me. She had left a bag that had this fabric in it.
4 meters of wonderful fabric for Project Linus quilts!
She had visited my blog and saw that I had made a quilt for Project Linus so she gave me this fabric to make more quilts for donation. Thank you Marilyn - you are a very generous, kind and thoughtful person - but that is to be expected - you are a quilter after all!

11 comments:

Kathy said...

Very nice quilting rig! I be you are excited to get started using it.

Christine L said...

Very Happy for you! I'm a little jealous (I'm still waiting to find my quilting machine and frame...one day soon) but how very exciting for you! Congrats and we all look forward to seeing your creations.

Christine L said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine L said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Connie said...

What a great buy! I bet you are so excited about using this! Is it your first long-arm? Love your wall-hanging with the fish too!

blauraute said...

Hi Ellen,
I think it's very exciting for you and your new quilting machine. Congrations. Have you started quilting?
Have a nice week and take care
Roswitha

Cherry Red Quilter said...

How exciting! Have fun getting used to it. you will be wizzing through quilts in no time I expect.

scraphappy said...

So exciting! It looks like a great quilting frame. Have you had a chance to practice yet? I'm sure it won't be long before you are quilting up a storm and crossing quilts off the list.

scraphappy said...

So exciting! It looks like a great quilting frame. Have you had a chance to practice yet? I'm sure it won't be long before you are quilting up a storm and crossing quilts off the list.

Cheryl said...

i am so excited! I can't wait for you to get to use it. It will take practice...knowing you it won't take long before you are quilting beautifully with your janome 1600P. Have fun sis

Cheryl said...

Forgot one thing... The material Marilyn gave you is so very pretty.... really was nice of her....