Sunday, November 20, 2011

Getting to Goal - Meeting the Challenge


On Wednesday, Jan-Maree from Cherry Red Quilter challenged me to iron all of the fabric that has been cluttering up my sewing area and to have it all done by bedtime today. She dared me to show before and after pictures and you can read all about it and see the before pictures here. I just wanted to show that I was able to meet the challenge and I got it all done before I went to the dentist yesterday. Don't let the picture fool you because that is a lot of fabric folks! It was a lot of work but it feels really great to have all of the fabric taken care of. It really wasn't too bad....I had a lot of company while I ironed - between these two wonders of technology I had a great time - okay - maybe not a great time but it was tolerable.

I was visited by the likes of Carole King, Janis Joplin, Pearl Jam, Boston, Bob Marlee, Rod Stewart, Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac, Meat Loaf, The Guess Who, Neil Young, Eric Clapton and Bob Seger. I had my own little private party going on and I enjoyed the time I spent with them. Don't tell my husband but I think I am having a close personal relationship with Bob Seger. I am pretty certain he was singing directly to me!!

15 comments:

Christine L said...

Congrats and have fun making all kinds of new creations with your new found fabrics :)

Judee said...

Good for you! You have good taste in music too.

Quilter Kathy said...

I do know how long that cutting took you...way to go!
And to enjoy yourself while you work...even better!

Cathy said...

WOW!! Good for you. Now you know what you have and where it is, and how much. That should make life a bit easier for you, when trying to decide what fabrics to use where.

Cherry Red Quilter said...

Woo hoo! Way to go - bet you are glad that is done!

Cheryl said...

Ironing can be very pleasurable especially while being wooed by the likes of Bob Seger! Was he singing you any love songs? Glad you got it all done and sorry you lost your ironing partner!

vtquilter said...

Wow! Great job on getting all that fabric organized. All set for future projects!

I'm Myra said...

Oh wow!! Would ya look at all those records!!! Holy smokes!! Sounds like you were listening to my kind of music, as I know all of those you mentioned!!! 8-)

Fabrics looking great! All folded so uniformly.. Wow!! Good for you Ellen!!

Connie said...

Congrats on meeting the challenge! You will find yourself just itching to sew when you can look at all the organized fabric!

scraphappy said...

Great work. It will be so much easier to use all that fabric up now that it is organized and ironed. Never a fun job, but so nice to cross off the list.

Cheryll said...

GrEaT work on all that ironing!
But I'm sorry to say that Bob are I are very close too! Love his old time rock and roll! Wonderful selection of part mates though...! :)

pinsandneedles said...

Great job! Being organized does help the creative flow. You now have really neat fabric bundles.

Maria said...

Have just read through some od your older posts Ellen and you sure have been very busy.
Your FNSI projects look like great gifts.
Nice fabrics in you Garden Fence quilt too.

Stitchin' time said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.
I can relate to the piles of fabric as I accomplished a big tidy up yesterday but I'll leave the ironing until I've purchased some more storage space. It's true that fabric breeds if left alone as I've found pieces that I have that I can't recall buying or receiving in a swap :P.
Cheers,
Robyn

Cathy Tomm said...

What a lot of work. It must feel good to get it all done. I have some trouble with piles too. I will have to do some annual cleaning over the Christmas holidays.